Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Football, Softball, and Baseball


Sports, Sports, Sports! Mike and I went to our first arena football game. Craziness! Lots of offense and a little defense. The Spokane Shock are going to the playoffs and there was a big crowd. All cheering like crazy for the Shock and for the coupon for a free chalupa if the Shock scored more than 55 points. Honestly! The chalupa was a big thing. It made me laugh. They did score over 55 points and there was actually a chalupa cheer if you can believe that! It was a blast.

Today we did something we haven't done in a long time and I really miss it. We watched Kristin play in a softball tournament. She still has it. She hit a triple and several doubles. She creamed the ball over and over again. I think she gets that athleticism from her mom. :-). Today was the single elimination day for them. They had to win 4 games to be champs. The lost the third game in the bottom of the 7Th. She had a good time and felt like the team did great!


Tonight we went to a Spokane Indians game. It was Harley Davidson night. Motorcycles lined the field before the game. Otto, the mascot, even went for a ride.

The Doolittles have been taking care of Ryland while Mark and Keri are in Monterey, CA. watching the Red Bull MotoGP. We met the Doolittles at the Indians game and they brought Ryland (of course). We took Ry home with us. We made the swap during the game. Ryland just loved the game. Really! He laughed and clapped and said, "Baseball" over and over. He liked Otto too, from a distance! It is always fun to see Jennifer and Steve. Mike and I really enjoy their company.
And what were Keri and Mark doing while we were at the game??? They were hanging out with the celebrities at the race. Here is a picture of Keri with Katie Holmes. We didn't hang out with the famous celebrities this weekend but we spent time with our own personal celebrities. Family and good friends. It was an eventful weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a neat weekend blog. I love the music!

mmsnyder said...

Those are great pics of Kristen playing softball! I still can't believe Keri got a picture with Katie Holmes, how crazy!

Rob & Lauren said...

I think I need to start going to those races!! How cool!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me and Katie...BFF!