Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Christian Motorcycle Association (GANG) Rides For the Son

In my class last year we were talking about riding motorcycles. Mason, one of my students, made a comment about me being part of a motorcycle gang. I asked him what gang was that???? He said the Christian gang. I laughed and have called the CMA the "GANG" ever since. I joined the Christian Motorcycle Association (GANG) last year. I have been slow to get involved but I am picking up the pace. Today Mike and I rode with members of the CMA to Hayden Lake, Id. We visited Camp Mivoden. This week the camp was hosting a camp for the blind. Lots of activities and the motorcyles were part of the fun. We rolled in and then waited for the group to arrive at the motorcycles.
The kids and adults enjoyed sitting on the bikes, honking the horns, listening to the loud pipes, and talking with us. We all enjoyed it too!
We rode home in the rain. I don't mean a little sprinkle. It really rained. Mike and I weren't really prepared for the rain. There was only a 30% chance of precipitation and we were counting on the 70% dry!!! We were both soaked when we got home not to mention cold. Riding a motorcycle when you can't feel your hands is a neat trick. I wanted to stop and take a picture of the storm but I wanted to get home and in dry clothes even more. We left Spokane hoping to be a blessing to others and more than anything we were blessed to be part of the group and to meet new friends at the camp. God is good!!!

No comments: