Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Rock Lake Ride





We got a call today from our friends Jim and Shelley! They thought it might be a nice idea to take a little motorcycle ride. Great idea! We met Shelley and Jim at Jim's house. The "Wild Hogs" started up the 4 bikes, and hit the road. What a beautiful day. I think it was about 78 degrees when we started. Perfect. Blue skies, big puffy clouds, and the nothing but road ahead of us. We headed out on the back roads and eventually stopped at Rock Lake. I had never been there. Nice! Just a lake, some fishermen, and two porta pottys. Jim tells us he is a member of the Rock Lake Chamber of Commerce and that is why there are porta pottys there. :-) I mentioned to him he needed to take care of the duct tape on the toilet seat. :-) We headed out again after some picture taking! More back roads, blue sky, and puffy clouds! We stopped in Cheney at an old bar that had tons of dead animals hanging on the wall. Didn't take any pictures there. :-) We just looked at the animals and left. I think that is a "guy" thing. The last 10 minutes of our ride was in the rain. Some thunder too. We got home just in time because it poured after we were in the door. We logged about 140 miles today. Great idea Jim and Shelley! Thanks for calling us.

No comments: