Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bloomsday (7.46 Miles) is the History Books!












Bloomsday is in the history books and so is the non-existent contest for shirt color. If you look back on my previous posts the word contest was never mentioned. :-) Katie did guess the correct color but the post was at 9:09 AM and the race starts at 9:00. Sorry Katie too late! I might send her an 8 x 10 of me wearing the shirt.
We had a good time. It was a beautiful day. I do really like the shirts. I am not sure what my time was. It took me longer this year. I am thinking about 2 hours and 10-15 minutes. Mike ran quite a bit so he thinks he was about 15- 20 minutes ahead of me. The results will be on the website http://www.bloomsdayrun.org/ sometime tomorrow. I do know this. Neither one of us got any prize money.
I think about 45,000 signed up to do the race. You have to experience it to really get a feel for how many people that is. The vulture was at the top of Doomsday Hill (3/4 of a mile up) as usual. Lots of bands and water stations. Lots of people in crazy costumes. Mike and I met up when the race was finished and walked through the park. The Spokane River runs right through Riverfront Park and it was looking pretty powerful after all the snow we had this winter.
We made a couple of stops on the way home and red, let me repeat that, red! shirts were everywhere. We will see a bunch tomorrow that is for sure. A Fun Time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the RED shirts!!