Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Carrie Underwood Concert

"I think music in itself is healing.
It's an explosive expression of humanity.
It's something we are all touched by.
No matter what culture we're from,
everyone loves music."
~ Billy Joel ~


Going to a concert is just about my favorite thing to do. It had been a while and as soon as I walked into the arena I was reminded about how I love listening to the music. Cheryl, Shannon, and I met for dinner. We walked through Riverfront Park on our way to dinner and the river was breathtaking. A picture will not do it justice. All the snow we had this winter is making the river a sight to be seen.





Yummy dinner was served at Rock City Grill. Pizza, calazone, and salad!


Then a walk back through the park to the concert. Shannon said if they sold a CD of the music that was playing while we waited for the stars she would buy it. Fun country music! I would have to agree with her. Here we are waiting anxiously.





Josh Turner came on first and boy was he good. We all thought that he could have been the headliner. He has such a deep, deep, powerful voice. His speaking voice is so deep it was hard to understand what he was saying at times. He sang for a little over 1/2hour.






Then Carrie Underwood. What an amazing voice that girl has. She is a fabulous singer. She shared some fun things about her life. Where she grew up, she dips her fries in mustard not ketchup, she sings about wild things but isn't wild herself, she likes to shop when she is on tour and more. Great role model for the young girls! It was a fun filled evening and I can't wait until next time!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures and I'm sure you all had a great time. Josh Turner will be a headliner soon. He is good!
Yomother

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh you went to the concert no fair I so wanted to go so bad well see you at school bye

Anonymous said...

Good pics!! Thanks for the link to my website. :-)

Unknown said...

The concert was great fun! It made me think of how many we have been to together....definitely not enough!

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

I know what you mean! We need to do more!!! How many have we been to together?