Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Big event on Mother's Day. Kristin and Justin were taking Layne's training wheels off her bike. She is 4 years old and ready to roll without them. She was so anxious that they actually took the training wheels off yesterday. So Mother's Day was day two of trying. We met at Bear Lake for a picnic. I saw the group from a distance when I drove up.

Here she goes with a push from Mom!
Layne was doing a great job but was a little nervous about the lake so close on this path.
We got to the playground and the bike took a rest for a while.

Layne was learning to ride her bike and Roy, the new dog, was learning to fetch in the water.
Justin threw the stick and Roy wanted to get it but was a little concerned about the wet stuff.
He finally took the plunge and got the stick!
I am not the only one that likes to take pictures.
Whistling with blades of grass. Don't know how I learned to do it but I did. Layne wanted some of the action. She will get it before long!
Such a nice day at the lake!

Just perfect for a picnic lunch!
Lucy was introduced to Cheetos! I think she likes them. Who doesn't!



1...2...3... Action. Click below to watch the rider!

Batter up! Layne can cream the ball just like her mom!


Look at the concentration on her face!!! Click on the picture to enlarge it!
Pow! Home run!
Kristin was pitching to Layne and stopped all of a sudden! What is that? We looked up and saw a bald eagle soaring by with its trophy from the lake. A fish! Look closely at the top of the trees in the center. Click on the pictures to make them bigger. The eagle was about 50 feet away from us. You could hear the sound of its wings as it passed by! Amazing!

Lucy and Grandpa Mike!
Here they all are heading back to the car! Just in the nick of time. On the drive home we were sprinkled with rain!
Great Mother's Day fun! My daughters are the best moms ever! I am so proud of them!

No comments: