Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

1/2 Marathon Preparation

Well, actually the preparation is done. Now it is just waiting for the starting gun. There were 7 of us doing the half marathon in Coeur d alene, Idaho. Wow! We all teach together. Wendy, Sheila, and I decided to head over the night before and stay in a hotel. Good idea Wendy!

First thing on the agenda was to go pick up our race packets.
Nice, we get our shirts before we run! Does that mean now we don't actually have to do the race? We have the coveted shirt. Nah! We were geared up and ready to go!
Mike drove me over to CDA and joined us for some of the festivities the night before. He actually provided some of the entertainment for us throughout the evening.
Before dinner we did a little shopping. We got into this hat thing as you will see!


Notice where all the pins are that this juggler was juggling. Opps!
More hats!
And now glasses. I am sure everyone appreciated us in their stores. Sheila did end up actually purchasing one hat!

Gelato! Italian ice milk! Did I get that right girls? We took a break from hat shopping for some of this yummy stuff. First time I had munched on this good treat!
More hats but now we are in a different area so there were a whole new set of hats to try on!
Mike even got in the spirit!
Ah...Dinner. I just can't totally describe how entertaining dinner was thanks to Mike! Some things you just can't do justice on a blog. You had to be there.
Big jugs of wine on the table. Wendy didn't drink even 1/2 of this. Kidding! Only one glass for her.
Here was my meal! A huge mound of spaghetti!
Here we are with the FOOD. The food became a top of conversation for the rest of the night in more ways than one if you know what I mean Sheila and Wendy! We over did a bit! I am still not hungry at all 24 hours later!
Later that evening we went to watch Clif play in his band. I enforced the 10 PM curfew! Someone has to be level headed! Wendy decided people needed to be dancing and started recruiting people that were at their tables.
Here she is trying to persuade a table full of people to dance. No luck with this group!
Dancing Queens!
Smiles all around! I look a little dazed.
Hi Clif!
Clif decided we needed to see some magic tricks from the local magician. No not Wendy. She was trying to figure the trick out!
Here is Clif with our magician friend.
OK girls time to head back to the hotel. We have a big day tomorrow! Night Night!

No comments: