Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday 57

I am pretty sure I still think like children think about their birthdays. All fun with lots of people around to celebrate. Don't care much about the present stuff just the get together stuff. But it doesn't always work out that way as an adult and to tell you the truth it can be disappointing. Not this year though. This year the celebration came in different ways. All wonderful. Cards from daughters, card from grandchildren that are so precious, phone calls, Katherine of course called and sang Happy Birthday to me. Cards and calls from sisters and a little $ for Starbucks coffee. A sweet card from Mike and a transition bag for my triathlons. Lots of birthday wishes from friends and family. I felt loved! It wasn't a big get together but it was better. I topped the evening off by going to watch Kristin play softball. She had a box of gifts for me. What were they??? Things that reminded her of me! Things I love! How fun! Here is Layne and some friends of hers holding some of the favorite things. How cool!
This made me laugh so much. When we did Bloomsday this year Katie and Kristin told me how they thought they had to do Bloomsday with me yearly when they were young. They didn't want to but just kept doing it until Keri bailed out. I made scrapbooks for the girls when they were younger and Kristin dug hers out. First she found this picture of us before Bloomsday from many years ago. I am glad you can't see it very well. I have a mean perm in my hair.
Inside the envelope were the pages that held some of the postcards you get in the mail after you run Bloomsday. They have your time, pace, etc. Here they are! I didn't know I was torturing my girls. :-) I hope I didn't scar you girls for life!

Another treat in the box was .....
Of course when I saw those I immediately left the game with the kids and we popped every single one of them. The girls are checking to see if the pop its they threw exploded. One, Two, Three, THROW!
Now throwing at the tree!
Then they started wandering over to the outhouse! I hope I haven't created future criminals with the outhouse thing!

Licorice! Gone! We polished off all the Red Vines licorice right away. I was glad there were kids there to share them with or I possibly would have eaten them all myself.
After our adventures with the pop its and the licorice etc. we headed back to watch the game!
Oh my gosh! Are these precious little faces or what!
This was the best of all. Kristin and family got my favorite cake. Angel food cake, strawberries, and Cool Whip. Yes, Cool Whip. I love it as you can see. I actually put more Cool Whip on after the picture.
I had more than one piece of this delicious cake. I actually ate most of it. One of the benefits of training for a 1/2 marathon and triathlon. Yum! Thanks everyone for thinking of me on May 20th. It was a great day!

No comments: