Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Coeur d alene 1/2 Marathon May 30, 2010

Up at 5 AM and straight to the shower. If I can't have coffee than I have to take a shower to wake up. I looked out the window of our hotel room and the masses had already started to arrive. Cars rolling into the giant parking lot behind our hotel.
Cheryl, Deanna, and Susan drove over and met us in the hotel bright and early. Here we are ready to go. All feeling positive about everything except the cold wind blowing. Brrrr!
We found a place out of the wind and waited there until the race was about to start! We heard the announcer call for the 1/2 marathoners! This is it.
One last photo opportunity!
And here we go!

Look who we found about 2 minutes into the race. Matt! He made some comment to Wendy about being in the way! :-) How rude she thought until she saw that big smile on his face. He went on his way running the course as did Deanna and Cheryl.
The course was beautiful!
Deanna and Matt head of us and already on their way back!
Lake Coeur d alene! Awesome!
Beautiful houses along the way.
Now Cheryl, also ahead of us, and having a great time! Yeah Cheryl!
What are we lost! Have we really done 21 miles? Doesn't feel like it.
Oh, that was the marathoners mile marker. We had done 8. Darn!
More Lake!

After about 9 miles the camera didn't come out as much. Just plugged along and got it done. The walkers walked at a 15 minute per mile pace. We were all very happy with that. I even ran a couple of blocks with my bum knee. It was so numb it didn't hurt bad at all. I always get a little teary when I finish these things. It is pretty cool to set a goal and achieve it! Especially with such good friends. FINISHERS!
Finally resting and relaxing. Matt came back and found the walkers and walked the last 2 miles with us. So nice and it helped too! Thanks Matt!
The rest of the gang headed home but we stayed for some lunch!
No lunch for me. Still surviving on the food from last night. Hunger will hit me soon I am sure.
I did get a nice warm Starbucks coffee! It hit the spot.
A goal accomplished. Thanks for the answered prayers God. We all finished and finished with no injuries! 2 half marathons and one marathon completed for me. On to the next thing. A triathlon this summer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoohoooo, congrats BIG J! Ready to start training for the Denver 1/2!! :-)

mmsnyder said...

Congrats Jackie!! Way to go! :)

Cheryl said...

Great blog! Love the shoes shot...how much money do think are in those shoes and chips? LOL So fun...glad we did it!

Rob & Lauren said...

Aunt Jackie! You're so inspiring. Congratulations!