Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Concert Carrie Underwood

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Carrie Underwood concert with the Spilkers. Cheryl, Holly, Scott! Beautiful smiling faces!
Cheryl and I have been friends for a lot of years and we have done lots of fun things together! I appreciate her friendship a lot!
The concert started with Sons of Sylvia. I enjoyed listening to them but probably wouldn't rush out and get their CD.
Craig Morgan was next. I love his songs. His voice is very pure and easy to listen to! Great entertainer! Could have listened to him all night. Fabulous!
Cheryl thought he did a good job selecting his jeans for the evening. Me too.


Carrie Underwood made a grand entrance as we knew she would. She has an amazing voice. Every once in a while you just go WOW... That was incredible.


Of course her wardrobe changes are fun to watch. Beautiful clothes. She mentioned that this outfit was like something she would have dressed her Barbie in. :-)
She sang a song called Temporary Home. As soon as she started singing I told Cheryl I knew I was going to cry. It reminds me of my mom leaving her temporary home on earth. I cried but at the same time I was thinking about the lyrics. This is really our temporary home here on Earth. When the lyrics talk about seeing God's face I think about my mom and what that moment was like for her. Our problems here on earth aren't so overwhelming when we think that is what we are going to experience someday. Perfection! Can you imagine! Keep your eyes on the prize!

Little boy, 6 years old
A little too used to bein' alone
Another new mom and dad,another school
Another house that'll never be home
When people ask him how he likes this place
He looks up and says with a smile upon his face

"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."

Young mom on her own
She needs a little help got nowhere to go
She's lookin' for a job, lookin' for a way out
Because a half-way house will never be a home
At night she whispers to her baby girl
Someday we'll find a place here in this world

"This is our temporary home
It's not where we belong
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going
I'm not afraid because I know this is our
Temporary Home.

Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled with people he loves
And he whispers don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says "I can see God's face"

"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through
This was just a stop,on the way To where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know this was
My temporary home."

This is our temporary home

You might notice that Carrie Underwood is standing in a pick up truck. She stood in the back of that pickup as it flew slowly through the air all around the arena! Very fun!





I think the song I enjoyed the most even though they were all great is when during the middle of Jesus Take the Wheel she started singing How Great Thou Art. She has such a big voice and that song is a big song. It just gave me chills! Really! Fun ending to a great day!!!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

It was a great night, indeed! Sharing it with you made it even more special!!