Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Bloomsday 2010

This was Bloomsday #34 for Spokane, WA. # 29 for me! # 1 for my sisters and we aren't sure for Kristin and Katie. Apparently, I made them go a lot and as they got older they didn't enjoy it very much. HMMM! Keri finally bailed out one year and the other two girls breathed a sigh of relief because they didn't have to do it anymore either! I guessed when Keri said no Kristin's comment was, "You mean we don't HAVE to do it?" I know they enjoyed every minute of it this year though!
What a beautiful day in Spokane, WA. A little cool but beautiful. We are headed out to the start line!
The Spokane River was a sight to see!
The sisters! Patti, Jackie, Dee Dee!
2 sisters! Katie and Kristin. We missed you Keri!
Are the pushing or pulling Katie????
All smiles and ready to go!
Even though we didn't have much snow this year the river was raging!
Riverfront Park!
Dee Dee and I were waiting in the porta potty line (always) and who did we see??? Susan from school. It is amazing that you see anyone you know in the mass of people!
There are a lot of people spread out on several different streets in downtown Spokane. This is just part of one street! You have to be here to really get a feel for what it is like.
Every year beach balls are bounced around to pass the time until the race starts.

Emily and Rick from the party last night were right by us. Here we laughed about seeing each other on Sat. night like there was no way it would happen! And there they were!
The helicopter oversees the start of each section of runners!
Lots of interesting buildings in downtown Spokane!
We are on our way with 50,000 other runners/walkers!
Here are the sights of Bloomsday!


More friends! Susan and Bob!
Sheila and Mark! Can you believe we saw them too!


A solid wall of people for as far as you could see!




We are headed up Doomsday Hill. It is the longest hill of the race. About a mile. You can see all the way up. Click on the picture to really get a feel for all the people!
And at the top of the hill? Mile 5 is finished!
The view from the top!
The vulture always waits for us at the top of Doomsday Hill. We never fall victim to him though!

This church was passing out free hot dogs and popsicles on the race course!
As you can see some of the group took advantage of the popsicles. I bet they tasted good after 7 miles!
The courthouse. Neat building! Our blue skies were gone but still no rain!
Approaching the finish line! I always get a little choked up when I turn the corner and see the finish line. 29 completed Bloomsdays! Lots of years and changes in my life and I am still plugging away at this race. Now those little girls that I used to take with me are all grown up. Kristin is thinking maybe she should take Layne next year! Time goes so fast!
This year was very special. I have walked Bloomsday 8 months pregnant (with Katie), and another time with a cast on my leg, I have run it in pretty good time in my younger days but I have never completed the race with my sisters! A first this year! It was really fun! Priceless!
We did it!
To the last water station and the finisher t-shirts!
This water station was my favorite because it was manned by people at First Presbyterian Church, my church!
First Pres. band!

Ahhhh! The shirt. Love it! Could be my favorite ever! If you don't finish the race you don't get a shirt!
We got ours!
Can't wait until next year!!!!

No comments: