Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Spectators and The Danskin Women's Triathlon

Sunday was an early morning! Jacquee and Megan (Katies' friends) were part of a group of ladies doing the Danskin Triathlon together and we were going to watch them! Spectators for the morning! We got to Lake Washington about 7:45 to watch the swim! There were a lot of people down by the lake! We discovered the athletes had a staggered start. We thought we may have missed the girls swim but we didn't. The colored swim caps signify different starting groups. Megan, Jacquee and group started in the blue group around 8:15. Amazing! Truly amazing watching all those women take off and swim in Lake Washington! Here is a group getting ready to start their triathlon as others are coming out of the water!
The swimmers swam in a big loop! There were a lot of support people to help if needed!
And other group starting! Love the pink caps!Here are the women coming out of the water and heading for the bikes! Katie and I kept saying we were going to cry and I think there were a few tears shed! Pretty emotional to see all those women accomplishing such a big thing!
There were rows and rows of bikes poised waiting for their riders!
Here is Jacquee finishing the biking! WooHoo! Notice the smile!

And Megan finishing the biking portion. Nice job Megan! 3 miles of running left!
Here are a couple of others that were in the group. Sorry I don't remember every one's name!

It was time to make our way to the finish line. Pretty exciting. There were some booths along the way to check out!
Megan and Jacquee finishing. Jacquee had finished earlier and ran with Megan across the line. Teamwork! That is what life is all about if you ask me! Working together and supporting each other. If you want to see that concept in action just hang out with Katie and her friends! Wonderful young women!


Jacquee's mom, Melva, crossing the finish line. Hope I spelled your mom's name right Jacquee!
Here they are! What an accomplishment. I don't think I really understood the difficulty in doing all three of these skills in one event until I watched this. Amazing to have that kind of stamina! I don't know how many women entered but it was very inspiring to watch thousands of women completing this triathlon! Thanks to Katie again for the great pics!
These ladies were so inspiring I am dusting off my swim goggles! I want to join them next year!

2 comments:

mmsnyder said...

Fun post and great pictures, Jackie! Thanks for cheering us on... It is definitely an emotional event! You should definitely do it next year!!!! :)

brook wood said...

hi mrs.gleason this is brook i have some sad news this year i am not going to hallet i am going to cheny middlel school i am going to miss hallet but it will be easyer for my family good bye mrs.gleason.