Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Eggs

This is the face of a 3 year old excited to color Easter eggs. Coloring Easter eggs together is becoming a tradition for Layne and me. This is the first year that the eggs didn't end up all cracked. No throwing or plopping the eggs in the dye! Doesn't matter anyway because it is just so fun to spend time with Layne even if the eggs are cracked! :-)
See! She is being very, very, careful!

Here we have a little posing for the camera!

Listen to Layne explain what we are doing!



Of course Rocky (the dog) has to check things out. There might be some food for him to beg for. I tell Mike all the time that Rocky has an eating disorder. If a person tried to beg for food like Rocky does we would say they have an eating disorder. Mike doesn't buy it but I think it is possible! Look at him!
After the egg coloring there was snack time and there is Rocky again trying to get some graham crackers. He won't take the one on the table unless someone tells him it is OK! He might have an eating disorder but at least he has some manners.

Layne lives in the county and there are no ice cream trucks. We heard the familiar tune coming from the truck and told her what it was! I ran and got my wallet and Kristin, Layne and I waited! And waited! And waited. We finally saw the truck. This was big stuff for Layne! It turned away from our house and didn't come down our street. I couldn't believe it! These pictures are the expressions of a 3 year old waiting to buy ice cream for the first time from an ice cream truck! Next time!


Kristin went to the doctor while we colored eggs. Baby Lathrop is ready to arrive any time! We are all on baby watch!

Some grandpa time is always good after egg coloring!

I am looking forward to next year! I am going to look for a more creative coloring kit next year. At school the kids were telling me all about different kinds. Time for the gma to branch out! Precious times and I really thank God for all the blessings He has given me! Especially His Son Jesus at this Easter time!

1 comment:

John said...

Very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures.
Wow.....

Please visit:
http://global-solution.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Good luck.