Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sunday and Monday in California

The debate on Sunday in my mind was why would I want to sit inside and watch Kurt Warner when there was sun to be enjoyed!!! That debate didn't last long though. As soon as I saw the pre-game activities on the TV in the hotel I was in! After all the game wouldn't take up the whole day! There was a little bar close to Kyle and Kath's house that had a million TVs in it. It was so much fun watching the game with all the people. Needless to say I was a happy girl! Kurt is going to the Super Bowl again! Here it is, the Flat Iron Bar!Had to get a couple more pictures of Finn before we headed home on Monday! Could he be any cuter?Kyle had to work on Monday. We wanted to see what he was doing so we stopped by his job. Wow! Check out this view from his job sight! We also wanted to see where Kyle surfed. At first Kyle was just going to tell us how to get there but after some consideration he decided to do a bit of surfing! He got in his car and we followed him to Ocean Beach!
I am pretty sure I could have basked in the sunshine in this prone position for the rest of my life!!! :-)We said goodbye to Kyle at Ocean Beach. He jumped in the water and we jumped in the car and started exploring. Ocean Beach is in San Fransisco so we thought we would try and find the city. We did. Here are some of the sights! The buffalo are in Golden Gate Park!Only in California! A smog check station!
I can't even remember the last time I was in the city area of San Fransisco. Some of the streets are so very steep! It was scary going up or down them because it was hard to see out the front window! After touring the city we decided to get something to eat. We found a quaint Mexican Restaurant. Mike and I both wondered why it was decorated with skeletons. After Mike ate he was wandering around the place. He read a review that was on the wall and it explained the skeletons. In English the name of the establishment means Crazy Skeleton. I think this skeleton was the craziest of all. Too much tequila!

The trip home was fast. We got in about 25 minutes before we were scheduled. It was a great weekend! Thanks Kath and Kyle and Finn!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Looks like it was a lot of fun. I loved my quick trip there last year...I want to go back!