Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Spokane Snow Roof Destruction

Hi, I'm Mike, Jackie's other half, and I've lived in Spokane for most of my 56 years and never seen anything like this! We've had 78 inches of snow in the last 5 weeks and roofs and carports are collapsing everywhere. Over 40 commercial roofs have kissed the ground. These pics were taken on my way to work, about a 4 mile drive. The picture below was a furniture store on North Division. A before pic of this carport. A friend of mine, Arlee Peterson owns this complex.After Pictures


A fabric store I drive by on my way to work right next to the Swingin Doors on W. Francis. The fabric of this building has definitely collapsed.
My neighbors carport with a car underneath
This is Mel's Nursery and furniture store. This one went down Christmas day. Merry Christmas!
The following 2 pics are a carport my insurance man has insured. There's 4 crushed cars underneath this one. Needless to say, I've shoveled my 70 x 20 carport at the apartments 3 times in the last 4 weeks. Things are finally melting after 5 weeks of steady snow.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Nice "sight seeing"...great pics.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is cray! Thanks for sharing, Mike!

Anonymous said...

no one was in the store right?

Christy said...

Amazing pics! Even though I've seen some of them in person, I still can't believe all the collapses.

Anonymous said...

my sisster has a blog on haley123.blogspot.com

Maddie said...

Hey Its Maddie! Tell Mike he did great he should have a blog!

Maddie said...

DITCH THE SHOVEL YOU AY NEED AN ARK!

india101 said...

the Hancock fabric store is right next to the Swinging Doors my grandparents own and my mom manages it. the fire marshall almost shut them down on New Year's Eve because part of the fabric store was leaning on
the Swinging Doors!!!!! :0