Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Monday, January 12, 2009

The Snow Silver Lining - SKIING

Is the cup half empty or half full? Now it is half full. I wish I could say that I was always in the half full state of mind as the snow was falling! It was a ton of work especially for Mike. Now that we are free and can get out of the alley it is a lot easier to be in my normal state of mind! I LOVE THE SNOW! Cindy and I went skiing on Sat. It was more fun than you can even imagine. It was snowing lightly, not too cold, no crowds, and a fun time with a good friend. Here we are out of the car and preparing to hike up the hill to the lodge. Happy and ready to ski!

In the lodge we have the basic necessities of life. Coffee and Coffee! You can enjoy a cup of espresso and watch the skiers swoosh down the hill. But there was no time for coffee or watching. We needed to get up that chairlift and ski. For your viewing pleasure in the lodge there is a giant mural of all things skiing. Oh yes, and Mr. Moose is watching all the skiers!Ready, set, here we go! The camera was tucked away and we were off! One of these days I will get a nice skinny camera that can go anywhere! Even in my ski jacket. My regular camera would have gotten very wet on this day so it was stashed.After our first couple of warm-up runs we headed to the top of the mountain on chair one. We tried to ski as many different runs as we could just for the experience. There was laughing and crashing and speeding. I missed a good crash of Cindy's but she told me all about it. A Yard Sale crash as skiers say. Everything went everywhere! She was OK so it was fun to joke about!At the end of the day we packed up our things and headed out! Oh, we made one stop in the bar because there was a band playing. To my surprise there was a football game on too! Lucky me. Cindy listened to the band and I watched football. We were still smiling as we left 49 Degrees North and headed back to Spokane! What a great day!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Looks like tons of fun!! Snow bunnies on skis!