Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow to Sun

One weekend spent enjoying the beautiful winter weather and the next in the sunshine in California with family! Life is Good. We took off Friday evening to see Kyle, Kath, and Finn! What a treat! Our hotel was really nice and inexpensive which was a great bonus. Nice pool, outdoor fireplace, palm trees, oh I love the palm trees, and it was warm enough to wear sandals!! Whew! I should have gotten a pedicure before I left!We got in late Friday night and went straight to Kyle and Kath's place. Finn was already asleep so we didn't get to see him. The next day was different. Kath and Finn took us on a scenic drive that wound through the hills near their home! Beautiful scenery including horses, creeks, and redwood trees!
We stopped at Stinson Beach and ate at the Parkside Cafe. Yummy food. Parkside is a small outdoor cafe complete with umbrellas! Some might think umbrellas are for shade but Finn had a different idea. Climbing and tasting! That is what they are for!

Of course when you go to the beach you have to put your feet in the sand and surf. I cannot even tell you how enjoyable that was for me. Even though I have lived in Washington longer than I lived in California when I am at the beach it still feels like home! I love it! I took a picture of my footprints in the sand! Just wanted to try and remember how good it feels to walk along the beach!The surfers weren't the only ones enjoying the water! Who said dogs can't surf!
Ahh and then of course there is the sand! Adorable, handsome, Finn loved the sand in more ways than one. Yum?


The day ended with a great dinner cooked by Kyle and Kath! Couldn't have been a better day. Thanks Kath for giving us the tour and spending the day with us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I LOVE palm trees too!!!

Christy said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! I'd give anything to walk in the sunshine and squish my toes in the wet sand on a warm beach right now.

T said...

where was your hotel? It looks so nice! I could use some sun around here these pics def made me jealous. I think its time for a vacay!