Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Ziplining in Colorado

This day was too much fun.  Even though there is no such thing as too much fun.  Keri surprised me with a ziplining adventure.  I was scared but No White Flags I was going to do it.  I made my stance on the whole adventure very clear.  I was scared.  Our first stop on Friday was to drop Ryland off at school.  Snow on the ground.  Love it.  Is he cute or what!
I love this picture.  Mother and son!
Here we are ready to face the adventure.  Team Gleason No White Flags! For those of you that don't know my step son played for the New Orleans Saints for 8 years.  After retiring he was diagnosed with ALS.  He started a foundation to help others that have the same diagnosis. Team Gleason.  We sport our shirts wherever we can to help the cause.  He is a brave man and is living life to the fullest every day.  No White Flags don't give up ever.  Stephen is in a wheel chair now and losing control of his muscles but it doesn't slow him down much. I am proud of him and what he is doing!  Love you Stephen.

Keri is filling out her release form.  We get hurt and it is our own fault.  :-)
We got all our gear on in the office.

Then we loaded up in the van to head out to the ziplines!

Here is one of our guides.  This is the practice line to make sure we know what we are doing and to make sure everything works OK.  They checked our gear a lot.
Keri listening to instructions.

Ready set go for Keri

Ready set go for me

Our first line.  I was still scared.

This is the other end of our first ride.  It was so much fun and our guides gave us great instructions.  This is Keri coming in.  This line had what they called a gravity break.  It went down and back up.  I was a little worried about the up part but I made it.  If you don't make it all the way to the platform you grab a rope and they pull you the rest of the way.  I had to do that.  No problem.  No longer scared.

Tada!!!! Cookies and water for us.
Watch for the red jacket.  That is me coming in for a landing.

Keri getting ready to ride the longest line in Colorado 1900 feet!

Here she goes.  Notice the wave!
Here is Keri coming in for a landing after riding this line at 50 MPH.
Mother and daughter!
The cookies

Here I am taking off! Lift your feet up Jackie!

Thank you Keri for a fantastic adventure.  Who would have thought three months after having a nearly fatal ruptured brain aneurysm I would be ziplining in Colorado with my daughter.  God is great. Truly a miracle that I am alive and well.  Thanks Keri, I love you!

No comments: