Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lucy for a Day

The simple pleasures of life. If hanging out with a one year old for a day doesn't help you to focus on the simple pleasures of life I don't know what does. Layne, Kristin, and the cousins went to Silverwood for the day and I spent the day with Lucy. Lucy, so full of joy!We always take walks when the girls are here. This might have been my first walk with Lucy by herself. The simple things fascinated her. A pine cone to investigate! What is all that stuff sticking out of it?

There are sticks to throw. No toys necessary. God provided them for Lucy today!
Pick it up and throw it again. Fun!
Oh, and the neighbors yard showed lots of promise for a good time!
And of course there are those curbs. Up she goes!
And down she goes over and over and over again! Priceless!
Last but not least the hill in the front yard. Lucy is 1! She decided she would hike up the steepest part of the hill. I didn't think she would make it without help! It is really steep as you can see!
Here she is on the top! She looked at me and I could see it in her eyes...Told you I could make it grandma! You are a star Lucy!
The piano is always fun!
A little dancing to top the afternoon off!
What do you think about when you look in the mirror? I think about wrinkles and aging and what I don't like about my face. Especially when I am holding a one year old next to me. We have it all wrong you know. It isn't about wrinkles and aging. When Lucy looks in the mirror she laughs and has fun with the person across from her. She just loves looking in the mirror.
That's how it should be for us older folks too. We should celebrate the years that we have been given and enjoy the person that looks back at us in the mirror. A child a God and created in His image. We should be celebrating that!
Lucy and I had a great day together. She is a precious joyful little person. Full of spunk like her mom!
Love you Lucy! You are a light in my life! Thanks for sharing the day with me!

No comments: