Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Art on the Green CDA

Jackie, that's me, has had a bad case of cabin fever. Sat. was a crazy day of cleaning and being grumpy because I needed to be outside. I heard someone talking about Art on the Green in Coeur d Alene and I looked it up on the internet. AHHH! Sunday after church...an outing. We got home from church and revved up the motorcycles and off we went. It is about 35 miles to Coeur d Alene, Idaho. Beautiful lake to go to, lots of artistic people selling things in booths, great weather, cruisin' down the freeway with my hubby! Life is good.

I was about .1 of a mile from hopping on the freeway and a man pulls up beside me and yells pull over! pull over! I did! He said you have something hanging down below your motorcycle. He wanted to make sure it wasn't a brake cable or something critical. No need to panic it is just some sort of vent for something. I have been looking at it for a while and thinking I need to take my bike into the shop to see what this thing is and why it was hanging down. This time it was dragging so I pulled it off. One way to fix it! I will take it in to have it attached in its proper place this week. One of the advantages of driving a motorcycle is that it is easy to find parking! We found this little corner and didn't even have to pay. Nice!
Can you guess why Mike stopped at this booth? Look at the pictures. This man took all these pictures himself. They were totally spectacular. Mike wanted to know where he took each picture. I finally drug him away and then he made another visit to him on the way out! Mike loves wildlife!
There were lots of people and lots of booths.
Food! Italian sausage for Mike and a chicken taco salad for me. Remember my previous post about cholesterol? The trend continues!
There was a band playing in the park. You can see the lake behind the stage if you look closely!
My kind of fishing. No scales or slim! No gutting the fish!
Families were enjoying picnics all over the park.
And there was even some basketball!
As usual Coeur d Alene Lake was beautiful!
Horses or dogs? Dogs! Great Danes are a sight to see. So peaceful and so so big! The puppy is 3 months old.
Getting ready for the ride home and cabin fever is gone. I am a happy girl. A nice ride on my motorcycle is just what I needed.
Oh, the one purchase of the day! Layne has a birthday coming up and I found these little tutus. One in Layne's size and one in Lucy's size. You know you will see pictures of these on the girls! I can't wait.
Before we left I got a text from Keri. She was bidding on some Dodger/Rocky baseball tickets at a golf tournament she was playing in. We plan on going to a game when I get there in a few weeks. She got the tickets. They are in a nice suite and the value far exceeds what we paid for them. What a way to top off the afternoon. I love my Dodgers! Some fun!

I always pray for a safe trip when we ride our bikes. So many bad things could happen but we were protected once again. Thanks be to God! :-)

No comments: