Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Friday, August 20, 2010

The Danskin Sprint Triathlon Aug. 15, 2010

Here we are Sunday morning 5:15 AM in an empty bus. WHAT? Where is everyone? Turns out I had the wrong parking lot in mind for the shuttle. I lead everyone to the Qwest parking lot and it was the Safeco parking garage. Now this could have been a big problem especially for me because I had the first starting time. Turns out it wasn't a huge problem because a couple of the bus drivers made the same mistake and were waiting at Qwest field. I think God was watching out for us. The bus driver figured out what was going on and drove us to Safeco a few blocks away! Whew! Sort of a stressful way to start the day.No cameras for pre-race. No time at all. By the time I got ready to go it was time to take a dip in Lake Washington. Katie came to watch the event and take some pictures afterwards. Thanks Katie. It was the best to see you at the finish line and hear you yelling MOM, MOM! Loved it! Here is the finish line bubbles and all.
The race went pretty smoothly for all of us. The swim went a lot better for me than at Chelan. No problems at all. It was 800 yards. Of course I was so relaxed for it that it took me way longer than it normally did in workouts. That is OK though because relaxing was the most important thing this time.
The volunteers waiting to take those timing chips off our ankles after we finished!
Here I come crossing the finish line water bottle in hand.
Getting my medal and giving a little wave to the camera!
Deanna, Freida, and I are finished. We started in waves. The oldest start first so I was done before the other walkers because I am older! Here I am hanging out with the runners even though I didn't run. I tried a couple of times but too much pain in my knee. Of course I managed to jog across the finish line.

The bike went smoothly except a little fall at the dismount area. I unclipped both my shoes and went to step down and crash! I guess one wasn't unclipped all the way. The volunteers all ran over to see if I was OK. YES! I am just fine! It was a minor crash but it did leave some marks!
AHHHH! Massage anyone!
This is a big race and lots of family and friends come to watch and support. The last 2 miles on the bike the road is lined with people cheering. It was pretty cool. The finish is packed with people cheering too.


We never did get everyone together at the end for a picture. We all finished at different times because of our start times being different. Here we add Sheila to the finishers.


Lots of silliness for sure!
Thanks Katie for getting up early to come see us and cheer us! The pics are great!
Sheila, Deanna, Jackie! Mariane and Emily also finished with flying colors. If you have pictures girls I would love to add them to the blog!
Love this shirt. Team survivor! If you are a cancer survivor you were given a survivor shirt! They actually have a club that provides training for these events for those who have had cancer. Pretty cool I might look into it because I am a survivor. Yippee and thank God for that!
It was a great day. Swim 800 yards. The waters were calmer than in Chelan for sure. Took me way too long to swim it but I had no problems. Bike 12 miles. Lots more hills than Chelan. Tougher course but I had about the same time as I did in Chelan. Walk 3.1 miles with a pace of 14:14 which was better than in Chelan. I was happy with my overall 2 hours and 6 minutes time. My goal now is to do a sprint in under 2 hours. I came home and got right online to find another triathlon nearby to do. No luck so it will have to wait until next year! Now training for the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon in Denver starts!!! Praise the Lord that we can all do these fun things!

No comments: