Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Spokane Indians Game

Cheryl and I decide to round out June with an Indians game. A fun way to spend a summer evening. Baseball and a good friend. Life is good. Our tickets were at will call. HMMMM! I wonder which line we stand in to get our tickets. Always a band before you enter the stadium for your listening pleasure. Kind of gets you all fired up before you get into the game.
We knew some former students of ours would be at the game and we ran into them the first thing. Two of the nicest boys you will ever meet. Mom's you should be very proud of your sons! It was good to see them.
We had great seats right behind home plate and up a level. We actually had the beer place right in front of us but it didn't block our view at all.
Hoping for a lot of these. K = strike outs. I learned how to keep the official score of a baseball game in high school for some reason. I kept it quiet though because I wanted to be able to relax and watch my daughters play softball. I didn't want to keep score. I managed to make that happen! :-)
It was such a beautiful night and Cheryl and I watched the game and talked about all the important things in this world. Well, maybe the important things in our world. So nice to do! I am sure we watched the game very differently than most of you men out there. We are good multi-taskers. We can watch and talk.
Now about this guy! He was Mr. Recycle or something like that. I wonder what it would feel like to dress up in an interesting costume like this and act like a super hero. I think I might like it as long as a mask was part of the costume!
We zeroed in on the person selling kettle corn. We missed him a couple of times. I thought maybe my desire to have some would go away. As you can see that desire did not go away and was fulfilled. We both ate way too much. I don't know about Cheryl but I loved every bite. Why is it we know we should stop eating and don't when it is something so yummy.
One thing fun about minor league baseball is that everyone gets to be part of the action! There is something fun going on after each inning!
Our former students invited us down to their seats as the game went into extra innings. They really were right behind home plate. Ground level.
We were really close to the action.
Bottom of the tenth, runner on second and third. The opposing team decide to walk the batter. The first pitch was wide and it bounced off the catcher's glove. The runner at third scored and the game was over. A big "W" for the Indians and a big celebration.
Thanks to Cheryl for a great idea and a fun night.

No comments: