Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A First

Well, here we go. Swimming in open water. I have been swimming in the lakes around here a lot but never to practice for a triathlon. This was a first. Swimming for distance! My first triathlon swim is 400 meters. Mike is doing this first one with me. He was practicing for the ironman here showing off his pose!
Sheila, Mike and I drove to Priest Lake. Kind of a long drive but Mike thought the water would be about the right temperature so we made the drive. Mike walked off 200 yards along the beach and we yanked on our wetsuits. I do mean yanked on. Hard to get on! I didn't get the camera out until we were done. Sheila looks happy doesn't she! She made it no problem! Superstar!
I had an issue with direction as usual. I kept running into the buoys or Sheila! We would stop and giggle! Real triathletes do that you know!
Mike plowed right through without stopping to giggle! Personally I think the giggling part was the best part. One time I heard Sheila yelling...Jackie you are headed to the shore! Brother! I was bad in the direction department!
Yahoo! We figured we swam about 500 yards. Great practice. The wetsuits really help with buoyancy. Loved that! And it was not a bit cold! The darn things work even if they are not the least bit flattering!
After a nice lunch at Hill's Resort we stopped for ice cream on the way home. We deserved it! Yum!
Next step is the real thing! One week to go!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think you girls look cute in your wet suits...seriously!

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Thanks Cheryl

Mike Fox said...

Jackie, I'm so glad to see your back competing again. Oh, and Michael is just the best!!