Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Motorcycle Ride

Saturday was the much anticipated Windermere motorcycle ride. It was a fundraiser for the "Y" on the north side of town. The ride was put on by Mike's work. There were 55 motorcycles and 75 riders. I always look around to see how many women are riding their own motorcycle. It think there were 4 of us! Dan organized all of this and he did a great job! Great day. Krispy Kreme donuts and coffee for the riders before we got started. YUM!
Mike and Jackie ready to blast off! Next to my lovely motorcycle!
Of course the conversation is all about motorcycles as we wander around the parking lot looking at bikes. What kind, how much, how long...with each motorcycle comes a story! It is fun to swap stories. I love telling everyone I got my motorcycle before Mike got his! hehe!




These are some of the volunteers that helped get the ride going. It was a poker run. 4 stops and you get a card and each stop. Whoever gets the best hand wins a prize. I have no idea how to play poker and I lost my sheet that had my cards on it. Didn't win!
Final instructions for Dan! Off we go. All in a huge group. I got separated from Mike in the first mile. He didn't turn where we were supposed to and took a group with him a bit out of the way. I turned and went with about 7 other bikers to the first destination.
Snapped this picture of Easy Rider taking off after our first stop. I kind of pushed the issue to leave the first stop quickly. I told Mike...I just wanna ride! I just wanna ride! Just like John Travolta in Wild Hogs...I just wanted to ride!
Next stop picture. We rode along Lake Coeur d alene for a while. Beautiful.


This was a stop in Rockford! Nice little bar and grill! On these rides you don't stay together. Too many motorcycles for that. So you just take off and whoever is with you is your group for that leg. We got with the speed demons going to this stop! I didn't know exactly how to get to this place so I felt the need to stay close. I did. I actually like the speed but it makes me nervous to go 10 miles over the speed limit because I don't want a ticket! Mike and I hung back a bit so we could see the sights but kept the demons in our view so we wouldn't lose our way.

One more leg and then to the "Y" for some BBQ! Mike and I took off with a group but Mike pulled over just a mile after we started out. So did another biker. To stop or not to stop! NOT. I kept going and rode with the rest of the bikers to the YMCA. Turns out Dean thought he left his cell phone at the bar so he pulled over and then Mike did too. He had his cell phone so they started out again and weren't too far behind us. So here it is! Yum yum! The BBQ!


Love the hair flip!

Motorcycle games. I should have done this one but I didn't want to be the only girl. Can you believe I wimped out like that! Not like me normally. Mike is on the far right and the game is to go as slow as you can and not put your feet down. Last one to the finish line wins!
Good try Mike! He didn't make it all the way without putting his foot down!
Then there was toss the bean bag into the bucket. The driver also had to go slow in this one!
The Winners!
We were blessed with great weather and if you live in Spokane you know that we have had way too much rain lately. No rain and in the 70's. Can't wait until next year. This was a great ride.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Looks like a wonderful first weekend of summer vaca!