Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Can You Believe This!!! Would you do it?

Mike and I decided not to ski today. Mike had to work in the AM and I didn't want to go up there by myself. I had lots of stuff to get caught up on at home so I was OK with staying home. THEN THE POLAR BEAR PLUNGE came to mind!!! I thought about the students from Hallett Elementary that were taking the plunge today into Medical Lake! They had raised money for The Special Olympics and they were jumping! I had to go see them all! Mike wanted to come too. All those things at home that needed to get done would have to wait! A section of the ice on the lake was removed yesterday for the plungers!! Looks cold doesn't it!There were heaters around the picnic area in the park. The temperature in Medical Lake was around freezing but down by the lake there was a nice little breeze. Not sure what the wind chill was but it was COLD!As usual Mike did things his way! He has wanted to ride his motorcycle so bad that this seemed like a perfect time to do it. He said he didn't get cold. I can't imagine! I took the car and had the heater up full blast! This guy was so cold he turned blue and this was before the plunge!I was cold. There is a cold theme in this post isn't there. We got to the park at 11:30 thinking the kids were jumping in at 12:00. Wrong! It was at 1:00! Before the deed was done there was a contest for best costume! Check these people out.

After the costumes were judged we all started heading to the lake. The high school band was there and a lot of spectators!
These tents were for the people that were plunging! They got in and got ready to jump and after they did that crazy plunge they went back in the tent. There were several groups of people that took the leap. They didn't all do it at once. They did it a group at a time! This guy looks a little too comfy in that water. He was wearing a huge red suit of some sort. Obviously, it kept him warm. He was waiting for the plungers to start. There were two red suited people there to give instructions and to help just in case! Here goes the first group! If you look closely you will see that some don't even have any type of shoe on! How do they do that?
Getting instructions!1,2,3 JUMP!
Another group!
I didn't put pictures of the students from Hallett. Permission thing but they will be on my classroom blog soon. They got two awards for the money they raised for Special Olympics! They are pretty special kids and I am so proud of them for doing this crazy thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had in mind that it was just the kinds doing this. But there were grown-ups --- Go figure
Cold, cold, cold!!!