Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving after the Trot

While I was doing the Turkey Trot Mike was getting the turkey and the dressing ready for cooking. We had done the things we could do the night before. Mike chopped up the ingredients to put in the dressing. I made the cranberry sauce! We planned on a late dinner and I liked that. Gave us more time for the other things that needed to be done. About 2:30 Mike went and picked up his mom! Kristin, Justin, and Layne arrived about 4! While we finished up the dinner Layne and Kristin played some games. Don't Spill the Beans is this game but Layne thought it was more fun to spill the beans.Take a look at the cook with this beautifully cooked bird!We hustled around getting the potatoes, green beans, sweet potatoes, and other goodies ready and the table set. We were about 5 minutes from sitting down to eat and Kristin was helping in the kitchen when she stepped in a big puddle of water. She was standing right in front of the sink. Not good. The pipe under the sink wasn't just leaking it was broken. Just worn out. There was water everywhere!We all went into high gear pulling things out from below the sink and cleaning up the water. What a mess! We had to put a bucket under the pipe! We finally sat down for a yummy meal. The clean up was interesting. Mike propped the pipe up with a stick for a temporary fix and we discovered the pipe was also cracked. We put a bucket under the crack and cleaned up, emptying the bucket as needed! Layne wanted to take a crazy picture and I think it is an appropriate picture to show how I felt!After dessert Kristin and I searched through the ads. Keri had given me the idea of ordering online instead of going to the stores in the AM. I wasn't going to go to the stores anyway. I set my phone alarm for midnight and got up and ordered some gifts. Easy! I almost stayed awake until midnight but I am glad I set the alarm just in case! It was a fabulous Thanksgiving even with the little bit of chaos! We missed all the rest of the family though and wished they would have all been with us for enchiladas!!! Maybe next year!!

No comments: