Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Process Begins! Decorating

It was the plan to decorate the day after Thanksgiving but our water leak set me back some. By the time that was fixed and I cleaned the mess up I was ready to put off decorating one more day. Saturday for sure! Here it is Saturday evening and I have done almost everything to decorate. I just need to put ornaments on the tree and do a few last minute adjustments. It was really like Christmas getting the decorations out this year. I went to my sister's in Michigan after Christmas last year and we scored at a 75% off sale! So many new things I had to ship a box to myself! I had forgotten how much I bought. It was fun discovering again. I sorted through the older things and decided what I wanted to keep and what I wanted to give away! Then I got started! Fun for me but Mike carried all the boxes upstairs! I asked him if he would like me to shoot a video and he could tell everyone how he felt about bring all the decorations upstairs. He said, "No." HMMMM! Probably just as well! Look at this face! I am pretty sure he is enjoying every minute of this!There were lots of tubs or boxes of goodies! A few of many! Of course all these are stored downstairs!
The first step is to start taking down all the normal decorations in the house. The house looks pretty bare when you do that but it is a chance to dust in places you haven't seen for a year. :-)
When you have a bunch of new trinkets it creates many possibilities for arrangements. I am still not convinced I have the best creations or the way I want things. Tomorrow is another day and I will take a look at things again then! Here are some pics of the decorations. I will add the tree tomorrow. It is up but no ornaments yet.

Merry Christmas everyone. Let's celebrate Christ's birth with lots of love and joy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Like the background on your blog, too!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

The house looks so beautiful and I love the music. A bible verse is a good idea!