Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Worker Bee Stikes AGAIN!!! by Mike

It's Christmas Eve day and here's Riverwood Roofing getting ready to shovel over 2 feet of snow off my apartment building right behind them. Dave's the Owner, in the tan coat, and He's a good roofer at a fair price. Just thought I'd give you a pitch Dave! The guy in the blue coat is my maintenance man, Bob. He's been with me for 5 years. That's a forty foot ladder up the side of the building and this is the first year I haven't had to get up there and help Dave shovel. It gets pretty hairy if your not use to those kind of heights.
Buddy, Dave's son, and Dave are getting ready to throw some snow.
Here we Go!!! the snow is falling!!!

The city sent the heavy artillery in to plow these streets. They hadn't been plowed yet and over 2 feet of snow had fallen in the last 3 days.
That's me in the front shoveling with the rest of the boys. You have to shovel fast or too much snow builds up from falling off the roof and it gets really packed down.
Mr. Tow Truck just showed up to remove this car off the street so the graders can plow. This car is being impounded by the city and it's a $200.00 fee to get your car back. Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas!!! One of the driver's of the graders told me they towed 51 cars yesterday.


That's the snow that came off the north end of the building.
All done after a hard days work. We'll all sleep good tonight. I'm sure we won't here Santa coming down the chimney.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Nice commentary, Mike! Looks like way too much work for me...between the apts. and your home, I'm surprised you aren't trying to talk Jackie into moving to warmer climates!