Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Day With Layne

About 6 weeks ago Layne and I were looking at Nutcracker videos on YouTube. She loved watching the dancers. Guess what grandma did??? Bought tickets for the Nutcracker in Spokane. I know it is very long so my goal was to stay until intermission when the day came. I thought that would probably be enough for Layne. My girls tell me they fall asleep in the Nutcracker. I can't even imagine that! Layne got some new clothes for the occasion! She was adorable as usual! She got all dressed and buckled herself in the car seat and off we went. You can't take pictures inside the performing center so I took a couple of the lobby. Weak but that is all I could do. Turtle came with us to the Nutcracker.We only stayed for the first half of the ballet but it was a big hit with Layne. We got home and rested for about 1/2 an hour and then took off with Grandpa to the Christian Motorcyclists Christmas party. Layne was the only little one there so she was loving it all!!! We had great food, great fellowship, and the gift exchange was a blast! One person even got a lump of coal. In case you were wondering it wasn't me!!! We had chocolate pie for dessert. Mike wanted to make sure we got a picture of Layne eating that yummy pie. Mike got it at Costco. I saw that type of pie at Costco before Thanksgiving and I was still thinking about all that chocolate. SOOOOO we got it. Obsessed? I think not! Notice Mike chuckling in the background here!Layne got her jammies on during the party. Her comment when she put them on was she thought, "Grandpa would really love these jammies!" He did! There was a huge bonfire outside at the party. Layne thought if we all blew really hard on that fire we could put it out. When it didn't work she decided we needed everyone at the party out there and then we could blow it out.
Layne spent the night with us and headed home Sunday morning after some of Mike's wonderful blueberry pancakes. I hadn't had any forever and I forgot how yummy they are! We had such a wonderful time with Layne this weekend and with our motorcycle buddies!!! Couldn't ask for anymore!!! Life is Good!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

OH....so much fun! Great great memories! She is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

That is so stinkin cute!!!!

mmsnyder said...

oh my gosh that girl is beautiful... and so lucky to have a fun grandma that does so much with her! :)

Megan

T said...

So fun! You are one lucky grandma with some SUPER cute grandkids!