Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Today's Adventure

So what was today's adventure you ask???? Going to the store to get goodies for Christmas! I really wanted to go to Costco for some strange reason. Usually I avoid it like crazy. I just wanted to look at all the good food goodies they have. We had another 6 inches of snow in the last 24 hours. Wow!!! So the adventure begins. Before I even got started though I realized with a suggestion from Mike that I need additional supplies in my car for the trip. I already have a blanket, chains, oil, toe warmers, and a flash light (probably with dead batteries). I would need my purse of course but look what else I brought along. Just in case I needed to help someone dig out! :-) Or maybe for digging myself out of the snow. Very fashionable don't you think. It matches my purse! I started out the alley and made it fine. Once I got going I realized that I would have an opportunity to take a few snap shots of the driving experience.
This poor guy lives right on a main street. Not fun digging yourself out of the snow plow mess! Hard work for sure!You can't really get a good feel for how big the snow piles are getting from the picture below. I tried to reposition myself to get a better picture and I almost got stuck. I decided after that people need to use their imagination more in this world. Just imagine these huge snow piles all over the place. Where will they put the snow if we get more??? I am home safe and sound but I really enjoyed the adventure. The best way to experience all this is to be out in it. I wanted to just keep driving after Costco and Safeway. You know, like I do on my motorcycle. Driving just to drive, not to get someplace. I used my best judgement (I do have that at times) and came home. I am pondering the idea of going skiing tomorrow. Want to go?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Driving and taking pics at the same time while on icy streets? Sounds safe to me. :-)

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

I knew someone would mention that! Did I ever say I was moving when I took the pictures???? HMMM???

Cheryl said...

Although I don't have a real driveway, I can sympathize with the guy on the main road. I live on the road that leads to where the plows are stored. Guess who gets plowed in several times a day! Tim even honked, smiled and waved as he plowed me in this morning while I was shoveling. :)

Cheryl said...

Your blog followers are anxiously awaiting your Christmas activities blog :)