Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Update!

So lets just start with a sure sign winter has arrived! Looks like Mike and I have set aside the shovels for a little snowman creation! NOT!
These pictures are from Katie in Seattle! Great fun! Katie and Katie took a little tromp down to the park and made a snowman! Handsome fellow don't you think!Now to the Spokane snow! It is still snowing but not in buckets like it was before. Slow and steady and not dropping 2 inches and hour. Yes, we have broken the record for the most snowfall ever in a 24 hour period.
Here is the bird bath with the latest accumulation of snow. Mr. Weatherman is measuring it below!Our street! Check out the UPS truck! If you have anything to send I would send it UPS. I haven't seen a post office truck on the street!The backyard! It's cold so you have to bundle up in layers as you can see!
We had to bribe the dogs with treats to get them to come out with me in the deep snow.Another street picture!Trash cans caught some snow!
I was digging a circle in the backyard so the dogs had someplace to walk! When you let them out they just sit on the porch. We can't have that for two or three days! I was resting here!
Now the car. Mike left late last night and could not get back in the alley. When he got home he just took a running start for the curb. He made it. This what his car looked like in the AM. Notice the black handle sticking out of the snow. That is the handle of the snow blower. It was in the back seat.
We got the snow blower going and cleared a way to get out of the garage!Not exactly sure where we think we are going because the alley has 2 feet of snow covering it! I did find a touch of color in the yard! Some little apples still hanging on a tree.
Well, the snow is falling at a fast and furious pace again. Rumor has it that the snow is supposed to stop in the early evening and then we get a nice blast of arctic air. Winter is my favorite time of the year. It is cozy and quiet! I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is going to take FOREVER to melt!!!

mmsnyder said...

I can't even believe all this snow... I love the snowman katie and kaite made... and i love that katie was up at 6am and outside walking around because she was so excited about the snow! She is her mothers daughter... :) Stay warm!

Megan

Katie said...

Well I hope everyone had enjoyed the snowman picture because that Night some one Knocked him over. Sad day oh well it was still fun I mean how many snowman do we really have a chance to build in our lives right!!!