Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve 2008

No snow today so off we went to Coeur d' Alene to take a cruise to see the holiday lights. We had tried to take the cruise several different times and we could not make it out the alley or the roads were really bad. Finally, we made it. It is always pretty with all the beautiful Christmas lights around the big hotel. We boarded the boat for the 45 minute cruise and Mike immediately started taking pictures! Of everyone! Even dogs! Is the dog smiling? I can't tell!We didn't realize it but we were headed for the North Pole. And we made it if you can believe that. It was a bit different than the North Pole I had pictured in my mind! We even got to see Santa and Mrs. Claus. I thought they were off duty after Christmas but I guess not!The lights were beautiful. Mike and I thought there would be homes with lights all around the lake. There weren't. After Santa talked to us from his North Pole location these lights came on around his workshop. The Gleason's on the boat!We got back to shore and decided to go out to Titos for dinner. We like it there! Good Italian food. We noticed that there was a vacated sleigh near the restaurant so we decided to make use of it. I guess Santa can't be in his workshop and driving his sleigh at the same time.
It was a nice relaxing evening! Great way to celebrate the New Year and be home before we turned into pumpkins! Mike and I wish you all a Very Very Happy 2009!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! A great way to wind up 2008!

Anonymous said...

your title says 2008 but it is now 2009

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Hi Cassidy! New Year Eve was 2008! It was 2008 when I took the pictures and when I posted on the blog. Didn't turn to 2009 until midnight! New Years Eve 2009 will be a year from now! Happy Day :-)