Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Top Ten Reasons I Like My Motorcycle A Lot


I know you are all missing seeing my motorcycle so here it is in all its glory. Isn't it nice!

As many of you know on Keri's blog you will find 2 top 10 lists. One is the reasons she loves Ryland and the other the reasons she loves Mark. They are truly touching. I am serious. They actually brought tears to my eyes. I am so proud of her. What a great wife and mother!

Well, I thought the "top 10 reasons" list was a great idea. I didn't want to totally copy Keri so I am putting a different spin on it. The top ten reasons I like my motorcycle a lot(not necessarily in order). Here we go...

1. It sparkles kind of like a diamond and we all know diamonds are a girls best friend.

2. It does exactly what I want it to with no questions asked. Now that is unique. I will just leave it at that.

3. It is low maintenance not high maintenance like other things. Check the oil, tires, chain, and it is ready to go.

4. It likes to travel on all the side roads and doesn't care if it takes longer or if I stop and smell the flowers.

5. It doesn't care if I am my own radio. I can sing as loud and as out of tune as I want to and it just keeps plugging along. It never asks me to turn down the volume. Yes, I really sing when I am riding. Loudly! Get your motor running, head out on the highway, looking for adventure...

6. It is cheaper than counseling. You forget all your troubles when you are turning through the twisties. All you think about is cruising through the turns on the motorcycle. AND if you don't forget your troubles you could take a little spill. That would not be good.

7. It likes to make new friends. Every place we go it seems to start conversations with new people. Oh and let us not forget the biker wave. Almost every biker we pass waves. Wouldn't it be fun if people did that in cars!!!

8. It can keep a secret. If I am going a little too fast(OK speeding) or don't put my feet down at the stop sign and roll (slowly) through it or I get grumpy with another driver it never tells anyone. I can even talk to myself.

9. It requires that I wear leather clothing. Now really! When can a 55 year old grandma wear leather pants except on a motorcycle! Think about it!

10. It allows me to be in the moment and experience right now when I drive. I can smell the smells, feel the air, hear the sounds, be a part of the world around me. Need I say more? I think not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is pretty funny, Jackie!!! :-)

T said...

i love it...almost makes me want to go get one myself. However are you saying it is wrong to talk to myself in the car, cause i do...a lot!

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

"T" you can talk to yourself where ever you want to!

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I love your bike. Mine didn't come in red or else I would have gotten it. I love my sportster and I love riding, feeling the wind in my face. You are right about troubles just blowing away like the wind. I don't have leather yet but maybe next year. one midlife crisis at at time. That and the tatoo.