Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Another Cougar Football Saturday

Well, since I suspected the score might be a bit lopsided on Sat. I decided that taking pics of the game might not be the best thing to do. I decided to focus on different things. I am not even going to type out the score of the game. It was sad. I feel for the kids on the team!

Well, here we go! Pullman is about 75 miles from Spokane. You drive through the Palouse to get there. Rolling hills created by glacial flooding a long, long, time ago. It is farmland today. Lots of wheat fields. The wheat had been harvested and the winter wheat hasn't broken through the ground. When it does it is a treat to see all the green in a season where the colors are changing to golds, browns, and oranges.
About 60 miles from Spokane you enter Colfax. You know you are just about to Cougar Land when you hit Colfax. Lots of Cougar colors in the store windows. Go Cougs painted on windows and buildings. Colfax is a one main street town. There are a lot of rustic looking brick buildings.

Mike and I like to stop at The Cottage Gate. I can usually pick up a couple Christmas presents for my sisters here. Not this year. We were too early for Christmas items this time. It is a nice place to stop, stretch, and have a cup of coffee. We saw a couple of older folks heading there too but they weren't making much progress for some reason.

If you want to go to the Colfax Hullabaloo the details are on the sign. You can pick up some nice yard art there I am sure. We passed on the yard art!
Now we are on the last leg of our adventure. My thoughts as we were driving to Pullman were on having fun no matter what! Actually, that isn't hard for me to do because I love the atmosphere and the band and Butch and football. I hate to see the Cougs lose and feel for the kids on the team but I still have a great time. We took more pictures of the landscape and some of the farmhouses along the way.

We made it safe and sound to Pullman. It was homecoming so the campus was busy, very busy!

Check this out! The students from the veterinary school had these birds out and about. Wow! This first picture is of a golden eagle. It is blind and the parents fed it until it could fly and then left it. The eagle was found and had nearly starved to death.
This owl thinks it is a human and the students said it would never survive in the wild because it wants to be around people all the time. Next is a redtail hawk. I am not sure what the story is on it. Mike talked to the students about the birds and told me. Can't remember this one. One more and I can't remember the name. Something whip! Cute little bird.Ok we finally made it to the game. The pre-game festivities were exciting as alway. Butch on his ATV the players running through the tunnel out on to the field. All very exciting!

Cheryl, Shannon, Scott and Holly are somewhere in the crowd in the last picture above. You win the prize if you can find them. I actually saw them all. Mike went to the Bookie and I was roaming around the stadium. I bought the best carmel apple I have ever eaten in my life! I turned away from the booth selling them and there was Scott! Who would have thought! The game started and I put my camera away hoping to enjoy a few moments of hope for the Cougs. There were some but not many. It was still a great day on the Palouse! The drive home was beautiful. Maybe next week in Los Angeles Cougars!

2 comments:

Rob & Lauren said...

So does that mean you are coming to LA to see next week's game?!? ;)-Lauren

Rob & Lauren said...

So does that mean you are coming to LA next week?!?! ;)-Lauren