Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Perfection!

I got a call from Shelly yesterday asking if I wanted to take a motorcycle ride today. I checked out the weather and said, "I'm in." I wasn't sure if it was just the girls which secretly was what I was hoping for. Mike and Jim came a long too. It turned out to be a perfect ride and I was happy that the boys came along. :-)We met at the church for our starting place. Took a few pics of Jim and Shelly riding up and of course the sun shining on THE BIKE!



I actually got Mike to take a picture of me all geared up. How do you like the red leather jacket. Stylish!!! :-)We took off from First Pres. and hopped on the freeway. What a beautiful day. I think it was in the high 50's when we left. We got off the freeway at Argonne and headed to Mt. Spokane. It was fun for me to ride up there because I used to live there. So did Jim. He showed us his former home and I lead the way to my former home. I use the term home loosely. We moved up there thinking we would build someday. This place was a shack. No toilet inside when we first moved in. We had a wood stove to keep the place warm and at times I spent my evening up on the roof putting out the fire in the chimney. We also had a wood cook stove. That was fun to use for cookies, etc. I ended up living there with the three girls (post divorce). It was an adventure. I told Jim that he was looking at the reason I don't like to camp! I camped there for several years. It was fun to see the old place and it looks just as broken down as it did 20 years ago. We headed back down the mountain and ended up in the middle of all the traffic for the Harvest Festival in Greenbluff. It was fun to see all the people trying to park while we just buzzed by. We headed out of the Greenbluff area and the day just kept getting better and better. The fall colors were beautiful. As we were riding along at one point we were almost covered with a golden canopy of leaves. The trees were right next to the road and created the canopy over the road. The yellow leaves skittered across the ground as we drove through. One thing I really like about driving my motorcycle is the way you can feel and smell everything. In the shade the temperature drops a lot. I could smell the smells of fall. I never wanted the ride to end. As you have noticed I didn't stop to take pictures. It just didn't seem like the thing to do. I just wanted to go and go. Just before we got to Blanchard we made a quick stop and the camera came out! Do these people look like they are having fun???Not long after this we were on our way back to Spokane. The bonus about this trip was I discovered something that will extend my riding this fall. Last year I took the four of us took a trip to Priest Lake in the fall. I froze. I got on the Internet and investigated clothing for riding. I thought my ski stuff would work under the leathers but I was wrong. I bought what was recommended. I have used some of it but today before we headed back to Spokane I added all the layers. I was so comfortable riding it was unreal!!!! Not cold at all. As the sun starts to go down this time of year it gets cold fast. Add the wind chill and it is easy to be very, very cold! I wasn't!!!!! Yeah!!!!! The ride was just what the doctor ordered for me!!! Yippee!Livin' Life in Spokane!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day. Yes, I like your red jacket.

Maddie said...

Love your jacket but i was too mezmerized the the bike!!

Anonymous said...

Hi mrs.Gleason it's Bryce, hey in the first pick behind you is that North Central High School. sorry for the silly question but I was wondering see you Tomorrow

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

We are in the parking lot of our church. I think there is a bank or something across the street.