Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beautiful Fall Day at GreenBluff

Cheryl, Shannon and I decided to head up to Greenbluff today for some fall fun. The weather was perfect as you can see from the pictures. It was about 50 degrees and sunny. Greenbluff is a few miles north of Spokane. There are a lot of farms and during the month of October the farms transform into marketplaces with lots of fun activities. There are pony rides and rides in horse drawn wagons.
There is even shopping for the grown ups. Shannon brought a bunch of money just in case there were things she couldn't live without. There were even some Christmas decorations! I refrained from buying any Christmas things even though it was terribly tempting. I might have to rent a storage space if I add any more Christmas decorations. Remember all the stuff I bought at your house last year DD. So much I had to have it shipped back to me. :-) Lots of booths too where you can buy crafts, food, and treats of all kinds.

Of course there was pumpkin patch after pumpkin patch. Some were real and some created for the kids!

You might notice Cheryl and Shannon holding something in the pictures above. Look closely and you will see! We all got caramel apples. These were no normal caramel apples. We each got a different kind. Cheryl got the sliced apples with caramel on them, I got the run of the mill apple on a stick, and Shannon had a lovely creation with caramel, coconut (I think) and whipped cream. Yum. Check out all the caramel in the bowl of my treat!No, I did not eat all of that caramel but what I did eat was yummy!

There was a castle there and I had a hard time understanding why. I think there was a corn maze behind it. To me it didn't fit with the theme of the outing. Harvest etc. Cheryl pointed out that it was for the kids and they really like it. OK.What is a harvest celebration without a tractor. Many tractors! Here is your standard John Deere! There was even live music!
You could even take a train around the farms!Another fun day with the Spilker family. We don't get together often enough. I can't believe Shannon is in college now. Time goes fast so live it up as much as possible!!!! Plus a little more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE that music guy. He plays John Denver! Looks like fun, fun fun!!!