Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kristin's Birthday

October 21st is a day to celebrate. God blessed the world with Kristin Lynn! Keri called her baby Danny for 3 months because that was the boys name we picked out. For some reason Keri just fixated on that name! We call her Kristin now. For her birthday present I gave Kristin some shopping money and a babysitter for Layne. That was me on Saturday! It was a great day. Layne is growing fast. We always take a walk when she is over and Saturday was no different. Our neighbors dress up their front yard for Halloween. Last year Layne wanted to look at the decorations from a distance. This year was different. It was a beautiful fall day. The temperature was about 60 degrees. The colors on the trees were changing and Layne was telling me how she needed her hood up because she was so so cold. There was a bit of acting there as you will see! Oh yes and the trees!We made cupcakes for Kristin while she was away shopping. Layne ate three of them. I might have eaten one too. :-) I think there was some licking of the bowl and the beaters! Chocolate frosting. Yum!!! After that the shirt had to go in the washing machine and Layne put on a concert for me. Click below to hear the concert! Or at least part of it.


Not sure who had the most fun celebrating the birthday. Kristin or me! What a gift it is to be able to spend time with my grandkids. I miss the ones that aren't here and so look forward to seeing them. I love the webcams. Feels almost like you are right there!!! Life is good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little precious girl. No doubt she is headed for a concert star.

Anonymous said...

What a CUTIE!!! Looks like Ryland might have a little competition with his microphone next time Layne comes to visit.

mmsnyder said...

layne is so incredibly cute!!

Maddie said...

I love the part in the first video when she is like "did you like that?"