Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Are You Ready for Some Monday Night Football!

Monday night football and we are on the field at the Superdome!  Last time we did this we had to leave before the game started.  This time we were able to stay for the whole game.  Kind of fun!  I got to see the game of football from a new perspective!  I could hear the coaches talking to the players, the players talking to each other and I learned about the pictures they take of every play and more!  Stephen answered all my questions about what was going on behind the scenes!   Thanks Skeve!  This is Mike with one of the defensive coaches.  
Some of the other people on the field grabbed Stephen for some pictures.  Fans!
Mike is talking to Peter King.  He is a writer for Sports Illustrated.  I guess we should have know who he was but Mike and I hadn't heard of him.  He didn't know that though.
US! Someone could have told me my Saints was crooked on my hat.
Posed picture of Peter King and Mike!
If Mike gets a picture I thought I should too.  Thanks Peter.
Joe Horn, a former Saints player, talking with Stephen!
We are sitting on the players bench before the game.  We didn't get to hang out on the bench after the game started but we stood right behind the bench!
I am with Stephen's good friend Thad!  Fun guy!
On the left is Mickey Loomis the GM of the Saints.  He was very welcoming
I don't know this guys name but he spent quite a bit of time talking with Stephen.  He played for the Saints when Stephen did.
Eli Manning warming up.
It is hard to get the front of these guys because they don't face the sidelines.  I didn't think it would be a good thing to walk onto the field.
Ah here we go!
Drew Brees!
The long snapper and kicker!
Mike and Steve strolling down the sideline!
Coach Payton is still on crutches!  It made me nervous during the game.  Too close to the sidelines.
Warming up!  That's a lot of Saints!

Mike and Steve were headed into the locker room right before the game.  Just as we were getting to the locker room we saw Kenny Chesney.  Thad is a big fan.  Thad shook Kenny's hand and tried to speak but it was barely understandable.  It was funny!  I guess Tim McGraw was with him but I missed seeing him.  DARN!
I was waiting in a chair outside the locker room sitting by Coach Payton's cart.  My temptation was to sit in it and turn it on and maybe even take it for a spin.  I  don't think I would have gotten very far because there were 3 large security men right by me.  I think they were there to keep me out of the Saint's locker room.
The officials have arrived!
The players started filing out to head to the field.  I am still in my chair but now things are a little more interesting.
We strolled onto the field with the boys!  :-)
This was where we stood most of the time.  Mike actually went down with the photographers toward the end of the field.  He was right on the sideline.


Roman Harper was a cheerleader the whole game.  Fun to watch!
I wanted to say down in front to these two but I wasn't sure it was the right thing to so.  :-)  I thought I might get banned from the players bench so I zipped my lip!
Right after each set of downs Drew Brees headed right back to the bench to check out the photos that we taken and to talk it up with the coach!
Mike has his photographer pass on his arm. Sean the guy that takes tons of pictures and video for Steve and Michel gave it to him to use so he could get down with the photographers and have a better view of the game.
A defensive strategy session.
Mr. Brees watching the big screen!
The defensive line!  Big guys!

Here is an action shot.  This was from Mike's perspective.  I let him have the camera for a bit.  If you know about Mike and my camera that was a big deal, giving it to him.  :-)

More strategy talk!


This is the back up quarterback with Drew Brees.  How would you like to be Drew Brees' backup!  His uniform is nice and clean!
Drew Brees scored a rushing TD and then tried to spike the ball over the goal posts.  It was funny because he had to jump and throw it over.  I think this is right after he did that.  When he came back to the bench the players were laughing and having fun with the spike!
Amazing receiver Graham!
Time to look at the photos of the last set of downs.  I was kind of fascinated by how fast they took the photos of the plays and how they kept them organized.  Steve asked someone to bring me a book with the photos in it.  Wow!  I could coach football now I am sure!
More players.  When you are down on the field you feel it is necessary to take pictures over and over of everyone so we did!

Mike took this picture!  Shocked aren't you!  I looked down toward Mike's spot on the field and I didn't see him.  I did see one of the professional photographers taking a picture with a small little camera.  I was a ways away but thought it looked like my camera.  What was this pro doing with a point and shoot?  I could see a couple of cheerleaders and thought that was who the pro was taking pictures of.  Why my camera?  I didn't seem Mike but my next thought was Mike was with the cheerleaders.  Check out the next picture.  I was right!

QB


Little height difference between Graham and Brees!
Brees warms up a little right before he goes back into the game.  He never catches the ball though.  The gentleman on the left catches it and gives it to Brees.  Protecting those hands!

I thought I was taking a picture of the final score but the Saints scored one more time.  Great game.  We got to experience the game from a whole new perspective.  We were very fortunate to be able to watch the game from the field.  Thanks Stephen for letting us share this experience with you!  We loved it! And we love you!
Back at Steve and Michel's house.  We were leaving early the AM.  So hard to leave all the Gleasons!  Steve wanted a three generation picture of the Gleason guys.  Love this one with them both looking at precious little Rivers.
This is a wonderful picture too.  Generations of Gleason's.  Glad I am part of their lives.  
The trip to New Orleans was ending.  We were sad to leave.  It was wonderful to see all the support Michel and Steve have.  They are safe and secure in New Orleans hands but most of all in God's hands.  Keep praying for them  We believe miracles happen!  PRAYING ALWAYS!  Love you guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the last couple pics!! And, Sean needs to hook me up with a photographers pass if he ever comes to Denver so I can get a better view of the game. :-)