Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday in NOLA

Friday at the race track.  I think I have only been to the race track one other time.  This race track has a place for the kids to play and run around.  The Variscos were all there!  So were the Gleasons and Doolittles.
The finish!
Race number one.  These horses are beautiful!  Strong and fast!
We watched the first two races and then decided to try our hand at making a bet. I followed Mark inside.  He had picked a horse by its name.  I was going to bet on the same horse because I had no clue what I was doing.  Mark said NO, don't bet on the same horse I did.  He gave me two numbers that he thought were OK horses.  I picked number 4.  The odds ended up being 11-1.  I bet 5 dollars.
And guess what!  I won $61.00.  Good time to stop if you ask me.  The horse came from the back of the pack and won the race!
 The little boys played some football!  So cute!
 I think there is a little negotiation going on here!
 Mark placed a bet on number 12 in one race.  Ryland requested that. Mark is showing him the ticket and I am sure he is explaining the finer points when it comes to betting on horses.  Number 12 did not win!
Pretty cool.  The kids get to pet the horses.  The horses are guided up to the fence.  The kids loved it!
 After a couple of hours at the track we went back to the Varisco's to watch the LSU game.  The whole gang went there.  The Varisco's have been so gracious inviting us into their home. 
Stephen and Rivers. 
 This is Caroline!  Hillary and Paulie's youngest girl.  She was born a month early so she is tiny. 
 This is a drumming session. The kids discovered that this end table was tin.  They all had a great time drumming on it!  Wow!  Mark played a drum game.  The one who stopped fastest when he signaled won!  Then the kids did very quiet drumming! I liked that game!
Back to the hotel after the game! Another great day! Praise the Lord.

No comments: