Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Another year has zoomed by!  Jingle Bell Run/Walk has come around again.  Weather?  Snow, snow, snow and in the 20's.  There is just something about snow that makes me feel so good.  Winter is my favorite time of the year.  I took a lot of pictures in River Park Square before the fun but for some reason they were blurry or dark.  This one of Denise and Sheila is a happy picture.  Glad it turned out OK.
Teachers, teachers, everywhere!  What fun it is to have such an active group of friends!
Another picture just for good measure!
I know you aren't supposed to have Christmas stuff up before Thanksgiving but isn't it beautiful.  Today I was listening to Positive Life Radio. They were talking about this very thing.  They said it isn't so bad to have Christmas decorations around the stores because it is a time to be thankful and what better thing to be thankful for than Christ's birth.
We stayed inside River Park Square until right before it was time to start walking!  Baby its cold outside!
Mr. Polar Bear looks a little worn out!
This was a first!  They certainly were the center of attention!
 Yummmm!
 Sheila and I with two of Santa's elves before the start!
They really did do the run like this!  Nuts!  It was in the 20s!  They need a little talkin' to from their moms!
The crowd is lining up and ready to go.  Sheila and I have totally lost the rest of the gang!
Lots of different costumes around.  When I see them all I think, "I should do that next year!"  So far I haven't.

 The dogs were even dressed up!
Ready, set, go.
Hi Sheila!  Why don't you climb on in!
Lots of runners and walkers!
AHHH!  The coffee tradition!  Love it.  We went to Rocket Bakery for a muffin and some hot coffee!
Deanna, Dave and Nicholas joined us too!  It is hard to pass up this coffee tradition!
 Sorry about capturing you eating Dave but it was the only picture I took of you!
Now the big decision is whether or not to do the Frostbite Footrace in January up in Deer Park.  This is how it will go I bet.  After being out in the cold today we were thinking we wouldn't do it.  A few weeks will go by and we will forget and end up signing up!  I know a good coffee shop in Deer Park!  :-)

No comments: