Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The First Rifle Blast

I  mentioned to Mike one afternoon that I had never shot a rifle and would like to try.  Boy, did the ball start rolling.  Justin let me borrow a rifle he had that would be just right for my first attempt.  Mike started looking at tree stands online and picked one out that would be just right for me.  I just wanted to try it!  I don't see myself becoming a big game hunter!  One Sunday afternoon we went down to the rifle range in Spokane.
 Here is my set up with the 22-250 Justin let me borrow.  I have no idea what those numbers mean.
 Targets for me were 100 yards away.
 Mike was a great teacher.  He took it step by step slowing giving me the reins a little at a time.
 So I got the cross hairs lined up with the orange bulls eye and pulled the trigger. I jumped just a bit because I really didn't know what to expect.  Mike looked in the spotting scope to see where my first shot landed.
 See the sticker (looks like a mini bulls eye) on the bottom right side of the bulls eye is where my first shot landed.  Needless to say I was pretty excited.  This shooting thing is fun!  I had a few wild shots but I think I did OK for the first time.
Once I knew what I was doing Mike left and went to the 200 yard area.  Look at the beautiful setting.  Right next to the Spokane River.
 TA DA!
 Here is the sharp shooter in action!

Thanks Mike for teaching me how to shoot a rifle.  We did head out to Cabelas on Sunday afternoon and looked a rifles for me.  What will the future hold?

No comments: