Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 4th 2011 Part One

There was a bit of a unique start to the 4th of July this year. The exercise gang all met at Medical Lake for a swim. We are still trying to think of a name for this group. Awesome Triathletes only Different, Awesome Athletes Only Different, or just Only Different. Any suggests will help! I was more excited to swim than I look here!Wetsuits! The water was still cold at least by my thermostat. The wetsuits are always a challenge to squeeze into. Freida on the other hand has a thermostat that is out of whack! No wet suit for her. We call her Wonder Woman.
Gotcha Sheila!
Inch by inch we pull on the wetsuits.

Looks like we finally squeezed into the suits. I am sure you are thinking that the wetsuits aren't worth the hassle but let me tell you they are. They help with warmth and buoyancy. The more help I can get the better.
Here we are ready to go. Which one is Freida the Wonder Woman?
Now this is a process few understand. There is no rush getting into the water to swim. We visit take a few steps, visit and take a few steps. Then we start talking about how cold the water is when it seeps into our wetsuits. I think the whole process is documented nicely in the pictures below.



Jay is showing off his muscles!
We have actually done some swimming here. You can see the little heads bobbing out of the water.
Mike decided to take a swim. He kept telling us we were wrong on the distance we were swimming so we suggested :-) he get in and swim. He did. Turns out we were off on the distance but now we are squared away.
That's me bobbing up and down with the white cap. Must be resting a bit. Oh, that is part of the process I forgot to write about, resting!
Done for Sheila!
Me trying to be done too!
Mike swam a couple of our imaginary laps.
Trisha and Jay are getting hooked on the triathlon thing too. Fabulous picture of the happy couple!
The boys!
The boys plus 1!
Fun morning! Nice way to start off the 4th of July with our friends at the lake. Part two of the 4th will be coming soon. Thanks Jesus for our great friends that are such a blessing in our lives!

No comments: