Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting The Miles In!

I signed up for this silly IronMay Challenge. (Sheila did too) You have to complete an Ironman Triathlon in a month. I have gotten a bit behind on the bike miles. I had to do 112 in month of May and I had about 40 before this ride. Sheila, Mariane, and I rode along the Centennial Trail from Spokane into Idaho. This was our starting spot!

What a beautiful ride along the Spokane River. Most of the way we really appreciated the water and the river. Read on to find out about the water we didn't appreciate but it gave us a good laugh and a little adventure.
Nice isn't it!
Mariane brought some snacks. Good idea. We decided we needed to invite Mariane every time we go biking. We loved her treats and she was a good sharer. Sheila and I have never thought to bring yummy treats. HMMM!
So this is the part where the water was not appreciated. We were close to the state line and cruising along on the trail. Sheila was in the lead. There was a sign that said something about the road being open. Didn't really read it completely. There was construction going on in the area and I thought it had to do with that. We slowed a bit to see what was happening. Sheila was going ahead just fine so we though it was full steam ahead. Then we saw part of Sheila's bike disappear into water. I think I stated that Sheila was crazy at that moment. Then we saw the water splashing up and getting her all wet. Did I mention crazy? Well, Mariane and I thought if she did it we will do it. And we did. We both tried to raise our feet up so they wouldn't get wet but it didn't work. The water was too deep. It was deep enough that we could not see the path under the water. 6 to 8 inches we thought. Of course I had to stop and get a picture once we got through the water. These pictures are what make blogging so fun. Mariane volunteered to go back and get in the water for the picture. The word crazy comes to mind again. I was happy she was willing to pose! Thanks Mariane! She is just coming out of the water here.

We laughed about the whole event! We re-hashed it over and over. Fun. Our feet were soaked. Look closely and you can see the water dripping out of the sock. It was fruitless to ring them out because our shoes were so wet.

Sheila thought a snack was appropriate at this time! We sort of thought she would take the wrapper off first though.
We thought that perhaps we would get credit for swimming and biking on the IronMay Challenge after going through that water. I think that is fair! We went several more miles after the water event. I fell AGAIN on my bike. Got the chain marks to prove it. It was a slow fall but it knocked my wheel out of shape and I rode back with a crooked wheel and a brake rubbing.
Here we are documenting more injuries. Horrible aren't they! This biking is a tough sport. :-)

After it was all said and done we rode about 32 miles. That helped cut a good chunk off our required miles. We laughed a lot and that was the best part. We did go get coffee afterwards but I left the camera in the car. Trust me we got our traditional cup of coffee! Can't wait to ride again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everytime you post a biking post, it includes a fall. Stay on your dang bike woman!