Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Completed My 30th Bloomsday in 2011

Spring in Spokane can only mean one thing. Bloomsday is here! The first Sunday of May over 50,000 people run, walk, or skip Bloomsday. People everywhere but it never feels crowded, just fun! This year was my 30th Bloomsday. I have missed only 5 of them.
My skinny sister Patti. Patti has lost 90 pounds since last Bloomsday. So proud of her. We both really missed our sister DD! Wish she could have been with us again this year.
Don't even ask!

The helicopter is always around to start the race with a huge bang!
The elite runners take off and the pack waits for their wave to get started.
Sisters!
While we wait beach balls are tossed around. One ended up in a tree!
The sweatshirt tradition. As the morning warms up people shed their sweatshirts. They get thrown up in the trees and are collected later and donated. Someone will get great use out of them.

Pretty Patti!
Waving the American flag!
These sweatshirts never made it into the trees. Perhaps their owners could toss them that high!
The start line. We are getting close! Once we step across that start line our time starts. It is so crowded it is hard to get around even after crossing the line.
This is a new one. Men in drag hovering around the priests at the church we always pass! They drew a lot of attention.
All types of people do Bloomsday. This little lady walked the 7.46 with her cane. Impressive! I guess none of us has an excuse not to exercise!
Here are a bunch of Bloomsday shirts all lined up. I should get mine out and at least look at them once in a while!
YeeHaw!
Two miles down and 5+ to go!
People as far as you can see!
3+ miles down and Doomsday Hill right around the corner!
Doomsday hill is far in the distance in this picture. Almost 1 mile uphill.
I think it is easier to see the people climbing the hill in this picture.
Doomsday Hill!

A little inspiration from a band member before the climb!
Starting up the hill with a few other people. We all made it!
The vulture greets us again at the top of Doomsday Hill. Survival of the fittest! Will the vulture get you?
1.46 miles to go! We conquered the hill and we are on the home stretch!
AHHHHH!
The Court House. Beautiful building!
Some silly finishers walk back to meet friends.
We turn the corner and see the finish! We did it again! Number 30 completed for me and number 2 for my sister. We aren't the only one loving the site of that finish line. There are a couple of other people completing the race!

The 1st Presbyterian Band was the band at the end of the course. My church!
Lederhosen? Not sure I spelled that right. I like to take pictures of the firsts! This is one of them.
Tada! Completed and home. I actually guessed that the shirts would be yellow this year. I had my own little contest family! No prizes just the satisfaction of being right! :-)
Can't wait for next year. Both sisters will be here again God willing. Anyone want to join us?

No comments: