Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

49 Degrees North Family Day

Mike and I were meeting Kristin and Layne at 49 on the 29th of Dec! Mike and I took separate cars. Mike was helping someone move after we went skiing! I was waiting and waiting for Mike at the grocery store parking lot so we could play follow the leader to the ski hill! I started taking pictures of the parking lot! :-) Surprise I know! Nice snowy day!
I have my coffee and phone and I am ready to go! Funny how the phone has become an essential these days!
We left Mike's truck in Deer Park so he could get it on the way back from skiing and do his helping project! I did not take this picture while I was driving. Mike took it. Beautiful isn't it!
We found Layne and Kristin and took off in the powder. Layne can rip it up as she says and she can! Love my new skis. They float through the powder! Layne and Kristin were crossing from one run to another. Lots of powder!
So much powder that Layne had a little trouble getting through it. They made it though. Powder up to Layne's waist!
Ah here she comes! Out of the deep powder!
She is a super star on the skis and Lucy will be right behind her. Lucy has already been up on the lift and skiing. She isn't even 2 yet! Lots of help from her parents!
After lunch Layne and Kristin got ready to ski again!
It was a bundle up day! Lots of snow and wind! Lots of powder too!
Precious girls!
Mike had quite the adventure with Kristin and Brandee! They are expert, expert skiers and they took Mike over the "cliff". That was his description of the run! I would never follow Kristin to an unknown area. She can follow me! He made it down but he was not happy! Now he can say he has done a double black diamond run that is never groomed and off the beaten trail. Nice work Mike!
Perfect drive home in the snow! Love it! Can't wait to go again! Looking forward to skiing in Colorado in April.

No comments: