Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Jingle Bell Run 2009 Spokane, WA

BRRRR! A cold wintery morning in Spokane and what were the plans? To participate in the Jingle Bell run/walk. I had to get up and get going and prepare for the cold weather. I had friends to meet! We all made it and grumbled a little about the cold, windy weather but we had a great time!!! Here is the Jingle Bell gang!
Hmmm! There is a note on the Santa's chair! Wonder what it says???
Too late! We already sat in it! Technically only Wes sat in it! So I guess he was the only criminal!
Here we go out into the cold! All smiles!

I think I see a dog just like this in my future! Isn't he cute! There were little dogs like this all over. Cindy said it was a sign!
Off we go! Tami, Deanna, and Wes ran. Cindy, Cheryl and I walked!
Mr. and Mrs. Santa were there to cheer us on!
It was around freezing and the wind was blowing. One chilly morning. Shorts??? Really????
The world's biggest wagon! If we could have found someone to pull it we could have done the Jingle Bell Run/Walk in the wagon.
Spokane is such a beautiful city. We are right downtown here!

Cindy and Cheryl look like they are having fun don't they?
The Spokane River runs right through downtown Spokane! Beautiful!
We were a little speechless when we saw this costume! What is it! We were behind it and trying to figure out what it was. HMMM! OHHHHH! A turkey baster!
Here is some blurry stuffing!
A snowman and tree!
Strollin' through Spokane!


Gonzaga University.
Geese possibly from Canada!
The family dogs were invited to this event. This little guy must have gotten tired!
Mr. Butterball didn't look very happy. Cindy said his wife the turkey must have made him dress up!
Done!
The girls sprinting across the finish line! Still happy!
Posing with the world famous Bloomsday runners!
Deanna is a really, really, good runner and she still hangs out with us. Thanks Deanna. Probably because she has time to shop while she is waiting for us to finish. We were kind of hoping she would be there at the finish line cheering for us but no! Shopping.
Deanna even got a ribbon. Nice job!
After the race, run, or walk we headed to my house for some breakfast. Of course we had to stop at Starbucks for coffee.
This was some fancy Christmas drink. Peppermint mocha something. YUM! Worth every calorie!
Everyone contributed to the cooking. Even me! :-)
Pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and cinnamon rolls. Just something Cheryl and I do because we can!

It feels good to blog again. Seems like it has been a while. What a fun way to start the weekend. I am thankful for my good friends and the sense of adventure they have! Not everyone would brave the cold early on a Sat. morning to take a 3 mile trek through downtown Spokane! Thanks everyone for the company and good time!

No comments: