Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Lucile Roberts...Well Done Good and Faithful Servant!

Matthew 25:23
His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

When I think of my mom this verse always comes to mind. She was a good and faithful servant. An example of what it means to walk with the Lord and trust in the Lord. I miss her more than I ever thought possible. I am so fortunate that she spent the month of July up in Spokane.

I wanted to add a post to my blog with her pictures and some thoughts. I wanted it in the record of my life how much she meant to me! I am sad for me but not for her because she is in heaven happier than we can every imagine here on Earth. I look forward to seeing her again.
She loved all the grandkids and great grandkids. She called herself Grandma the Great One when the great grandkids started arriving and she was right! The Great One with Easton! Here she is with Layne texting on her new phone. She was up on all the latest technology. She had a facebook page and everything!
Here are the two Lucy's. Lucy Jean is studying her great grandma Lucy intently. My mom said she cried off and on all day when she found out the Kristin and Justin named their new little girl Lucy after her. Happy Tears! I am so glad she got to meet little Lucy.

And with Ryland! She got to spend many days with the Doolittles since they all lived in Arizona. Ryland even called one of the bedrooms in their home GMA Lucy's bedroom!
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My mom loved football as I do. We went to a Rams/Seahawks game in Seattle. She told everyone I was her daughter but that I was adopted because I had Rams gear on!


We went on a road trip in June of 2008. I drove down to Arizona and picked her up. She wanted to see the some sights on the way back up to Spokane. We stopped at Bryce Canyon, Zion National Park, and the Grand Canyon. So thankful we got to do that! She was dropping a couple of quarters in the slots here in Montana!
She was always friendly! She made some new friends here.


More road trip pictures!

The family chicken and my mom outside her house!
We had a lot of fun together. She had an adventurous spirit and a loving heart. Mostly she had a heart to serve God and she did. She left us little Bible verses here and there throughout her things that let us know exactly how important it was to her that her children walk with God also! There was a document on her computer titled My Last Wishes. I will end with what she wrote to us! I love you and miss you Lucile Roberts and I can't wait until we see each other again!

My one hope for each of you is that you learn of the unconditional love the Lord has for us. That you have a personal relationship with Him and learn what an exciting life it is living close to Him. ... It's the only true happiness. I have experienced that and now I go to be with Him forever. Hope to see ya all there!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Beautiful, Jackie!

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Thanks Cheryl!

Anonymous said...

wow ... I am speechless ... and teary ... thanks Jackie ...

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Me too Karen! Lots of tears! But it is OK. We miss her!

Deanne said...

thank you, you did a fantastic job with this, I miss you too Mother!!

Deanne said...

You did a fantastic job....miss you too Mother!! love, DD

Anonymous said...

Excellent, Jackie. Thank you so much. I miss Lucy too. XOXOXO , Byron