Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fall Hiawatha Trail

I know it isn't officially fall yet but it felt like it today riding the Hiawatha Trail. A little chill in the air when we started! When the clouds hid the sun the chill was still there. Some of the trees were turning the oranges and golds of fall! Beautiful day! I have taken pictures of every trestle and tunnel on the trail so today was a people picture day on the trail. Pictures of Maryanne and I!


Labor Day Weekend brought more people out riding. More cars in the lot than I have ever seen but on the trail it didn't seem crowded at all. Lots of lights in the dark tunnels! That was great!
The beauty of the trail never ceases to amaze me. God is great!

OK, I got a picture of one of the trestles! Behind me!
Don't jump Maryanne!
Yes, there are people in this picture. See the little white dots in the middle of the picture. Bikers riding where we had already been.
I zoomed in a bit on the bikers!
Do we look like we were having fun! Always!
This picture might need a bit of an explanation. We took the bus back to the top of the trail. The bus shares about a mile of the trail with the bikers. The bus has to go through the next to the last tunnel and then it drops us off to ride through the last 1.7 mile tunnel again! These are bikers coming out of the tunnel while the bus waits for them. It is a narrow tunnel so the bus tries to wait for the bikers. If the bus and the bikers meet the bikers have to snug up to the side of the tunnel!
We thought we would stop in Wallace on the way home for some quick food. Wallace is rich with history. It is an old mining town nestled in the mountains of Northern Idaho! In its day the majority of the town consisted of bars and brothels. They have restored much of the town and it is a tourist stop now with restaurants and shopping. No fast food. I think it is nice that there is no Subway, McDonald's, Burger King, etc. If you want something to eat you have to sit awhile and enjoy the town!










We did finally get some fast food of the Subway variety down the road a bit! Yum!
I feel blessed that I can do so many fun things and that I have so many good friends to share them with. Lovin' life! Thanking God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish we had a bit of a chill in the air!