Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hanging Out with Layne and Lucy

Sat. night was a Christmas party for Justin and Kristin. We got the pleasure of watching their precious little girls. After Justin and Kristin left for the party it was movie time. Layne got us all organized upstairs. Each with our own pillows and she started the Fox and the Hound. After about 10 minutes we had to pause the movie to make popcorn. Mike's job was to entertain Lucy and keep her away from the popcorn. He really wanted to feed her some popcorn actually. He didn't see how it could be a problem even if she had no teeth!!! He refrained and did not give her any thankfully! I think we watched a total of 30 minutes of the movie and then we moved on to something else.
When it came time to give Lucy a bottle Layne jumped right up and said she fed Lucy all the time. HMMMM. I tried to text Kristin to see if that was the case. No answer. Having too much fun at the party I guess. So I sat next to Layne while she fed Lucy. She did a great job. Like a pro! Turns out that was the second time she had fed her baby sister. I don't think that qualifies for "all the time."With Lucy tucked in bed the toys could come out. Grandpa Mike and Layne were building all sorts of things together.
They ended up with a long race track! Grandpa looks a bit distracted by the horse here!
Precious little granddaughters growing up so fast. We loved the evening and can't wait until Justin and Kristin decided they need a night out again.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Too much fun!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy Layne's outfit!! You did leave out the "water" story that Kristin was telling you upon her return home, though. :-)

Jackie Kaminski Gleason said...

Yes I did leave that out but for those wondering...Kristin didn't feel very good when she got home. She thought it was because she drank so much water. Mike and I got a laugh out of that!