Blog Moving

I have changed my email address and had to change my blog address also. This blog will be here forever but for further blog posts please visit my new address at

http://soaringwitheaglesjkg.blogspot.com

The blogs look almost exactly the same. There is also a link to the right of this blog!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My Mother's Day started early this year.  Katie organized a "what have you learned from MOM" activity.  The girls each wrote things that they learned from me and Katie hid the comments in my lounge(office).  Each day I got an email that told me where to look for the comments.  Here is a few of the things they wrote...

Obstacles make you stronger
Live life to the fullest
I now realize all the days and weekends she sacrificed for us to play sports.
You are never too old to start anything
Laugh
Prayer works
How to survive being a new mom

I get teary just typing these.  Great Mother's Day present.  I got some signs and one of my missing Bloomsday shirts too.  Thanks to the best daughters ever.  

Kristin and the girls met me at Bear Lake for a little bike riding and hanging out after church on Mother's Day.  This was the first time the girls got to play with Sammie our new puppy.  
Lucy was a little nervous at first.  Probably because I told her puppies like to chew on hands so be careful.

 Precious!

 Layne and Sammie got along great!




 Lucy warmed up to her too but if Sammie got too close I heard GRANDMA!
 Kids and dogs.  Perfect combination!
 Layne and the bars.  She loves them
Lucy thought she should be able to do what her sister did. Kristin helped her and pretty soon she decided she could do it on her own.  More than once Kristin sprinted to her on the bars as she hung there.  She never asked for help and couldn't go from bar to bar.  She did hang on the bar and then would swing backwards to get back up on the platform.  Gotta watch that Lucy.  She is fearless!




 Layne is patiently waiting for her mom!
 I was trying to get a picture of Lucy's helmet but she didn't want to cooperate.

 This is a little extreme to avoid a picture Lucy!  :)

 Don't pull on the leash Lucy.

 They are buddies now.


 Bear Lake! I love where I live!
Taking off back to the car.  There is a water road block.  The lake has covered the path.
 Didn't stop Layne or Lucy but...
Lucy's little legs weren't quite strong enough and she took a spill. She was a trooper and it didn't slow her down much after the initial shock.
Another obstacle along the pathway.  Too deep to ride so Layne and I just walked through it tennis shoes and all.  The people on the left side of the picture had a different approach.
We had such a fun afternoon.  Thanks for a great Mother's Day.  You girls are the best!  I love you a ton and I am so proud of you all.  Love you, THE MOM


No comments: